Current Location : HOME | CHEONG WA DAE INFO | SEASONAL EVENT
“A must-visit place in Seoul”Cheong Wa Dae Seasonal Event
Military Honor Guard Performance
- Military ceremonial events and parades
- Military ceremonial events are performed every Saturday from 10:30 until 11:30 in the morning, during the five months from April to June and from October to November but not during the hottest and coldest months. Made up of 260 performers, the events consist of a parade (10 minutes), a military band performance (20 minutes) and honor guard drills (30 minutes).
- Performances and demonstrations are carried out by honor guard drill teams and the military band, which are exclusively responsible for protocol ceremonies in Korea and affiliated with the Ministry of National Defense.
- The parade is staged at the fountain plaza by the 80-member traditional marching band and traditional honor guard. During the military band performance, both traditional Korean music and Western music are played. The honor guard drills are by a traditional honor guard with spears and swords, a female honor guard twirling rifles and flags and a joint honor guard of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force.
※ The event is cancelled when the weather is bad.
|Time||From 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. every Saturday|
|Venue||Fountain Plaza in front of Cheong Wa Dae|
- Mounted Unit
- Operation: April-June, September ~ October
- Hours: Fridays and Saturdays, 14:00 ~ 16:00
- Route: Hyoja-dong Sarangbang ↔ Sinmumun
- Motorcycle Unit
- Operation: April-October
- Hours: Every day except Friday, 10:00 ~ 11:00, 14:00 ~ 15:00
- Route: Fountain ↔ Sinmumun ↔ Chunchugwan
- Inline Skating and Cycling Unit
- Operation: April-October (subject to change during July and August)
- Hours: Every day except Tuesday, 10:00 ~ 12:00, 14:00 ~ 16:00
- Route: Fountain ↔ Sinmumun
- Honor Guard Drills
- April-June, October-November
- Every Saturday, 10:30 ~ 11:30
- Organized by the Ministry of Defense(Honor Guard, Military Band)
- Police Band Concert
- Every Thursday, 10:00 ~ 11:00
- Location: Fountain Plaza in front of Cheong Wa Dae